Monday, June 30, 2008

My week of television (the good, the bad and the downright hilarious)!






Posted by Julie:
I will start with the bad. Sometimes movies can be such a letdown! I have been waiting for weeks to see the premiere of the Lifetime Movie "The Tenth Circle" which was adapted from a book from one of my very favorite authors, Jodi Picoult. I was at a party when the movie premiered, but I had my daughter set my DVR so I could catch it later. What a waste of time. That movie sucked!!!! You know how you read a really good book and then it is ruined when it is turned into a movie. Yep, that is what happened here. The actors, Kelly Preston and Ron Elderd, were horrible. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a Lifetime movie. Out of 5 stars that movie would get a -5.
The good thing was that on Sunday, one of the premium movie channels was showing "Chocolat", one of my all time fave movies starring Johnny Depp and I absolutely love Juliette Binoche. It made up for the crappy Lifetime movie, but then I topped my night off by watching "Wedding Crashers" on regular tv (which meant it was edited) but I still laughed my ass off. It's totally guy humor, but after seeing a really baaaaad movie on a certain women's channel, I was ready for it.
Nothing, however, can top all of the episodes of "The West Wing" that I watched while on vacation last week. My good friend, Karen Cherry, has been loaning me her seasons on DVD and this is one of the best shows that I have ever watched. I had never caught an episode on it's original run on NBC, but I totally get why it won all of the Emmys that it did. Superb writing, excellent dialogue and totally outstanding actors. No one, and I mean no one, can play a president like Martin Sheen. I watched so many episodes in a row, that when I turned on the news later that night, I had forgotten that Bush was our president. What a disappointed when reality hit. My favorite characters on the show are Leo McGarry (played by the untouchable John Spencer, may he rest in peace) and Josh Lyman (the very witty Bradley Whitford). If you get a chance to buy the seasons you will not be sorry. On a scale of 5 stars this tv show gets 500!

No comments: